“The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with all of you.”
-2 Corinthians 13:13
The Main Point!
The creed is much more than the words recited at church on Sunday. In an amazing act of love, God came down as Jesus to live, love, die and open the way to God. When Christ returned to heaven, he sent the Holy Spirit to call us to God, gather us into his body, enlighten us to God’s truth and keep us in the true faith. God is three, yet God is one.
Terms of the Week.
- Apostles’ creed: An early statement of faith recognizing God as Father, Son and Spirit. This was written by the early church to summarize the basic teachings of the apostles. It was not written directly by the apostles.
- Article: A particular section or one item of a series in a written document.
- Creed: A statement of faith. The word comes from the Latin credo meaning “I believe!”
- Persona: Your “person,” image, or personality.
- Trinity: One God in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Literally “Tri + unity.”.
Remember One Thing!
There is a statement that helps us share what we believe about our amazing God. It’s called the Apostles’ Creed.
Use the FINKlink Code LC08 to access interactive games, Bible Songs, and additional devotions on this theme.