I believe in God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell. The third day he rose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty. From there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Christian Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:13
There is a statement that helps us share what we believe about our amazing God.
It’s called the Apostles’ Creed.
What does each verse have to do with the theme verse? Write the given key words in the margins
Genesis 1:1-5 “God the Creator”
Psalm 19:1-4 “God the Creator”
John 1:1-18 “Christ, the living Word”
Colossians 1:15-20 “Christ, the visible presence of the invisible God”
John 14:25-27 “Holy Spirit as Counselor”
Acts 2:1-5 “Holy Spirit and Power”
- List three things you know about God?
- List three things you know about Jesus?
- List three things you know about the work of the Holy Spirit?
Terms For The Week
- Apostles’ Creed: An early statement of faith recognizing God as Father, Son and Spirit. This was written by the early church to summarize the basic teachings of the apostles. It was not written directly by the apostles.
- Article: A particular section or one item of a series in a written document.
- Creed: A statement of faith. The word comes from the Latin credo meaning “I believe!”
- Persona: Your “person,” image, or personality.
- Trinity: One God in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Literally “Tri + unity.”.
Video Clip And Some Questions?>>>>
- How are the following sections of the (prayer) song different? How are they the same? How do they fit together?
- Holy Spirit: “help me understand,”
- God: “renew a steadfast spirit within me,”
- Lord Jesus: “died to save me”
Persona Masks: The first trinitarian creed stated: “We believe in one God in three
persons.” Explain the practice of using masks in ancient theater. One actor played
many characters by utilizing different masks. The word for the mask was “persona.” It
was one actor, but this actor came to the audience in different “persons.” Fold paper
into a bow tie and use it as a prop in a quick one-person melodrama starring Snidely
Whiplash, Dudley Do Right and Nell. Scene: Snidely wants the rent money. Place
the bow tie under your lip like a moustache and demand the rent. “You must pay the
rent or you shall marry me!” Place the bow in your hair to play Nell. Nell exclaims
she has no money. “I can’t pay the rent! Oh, woe is me!” Dudley bursts in with the money and saves the day. Place the bow tie under your chin like a tie. “I’ll pay the
rent!” Snidely exclaims, “Curses! Foiled again!” Nell cries out, “My hero!” Dudley
shrugs his shoulders. “Shucks! It was nothing!” You’ve just played three parts, but
you are still one actor.