“Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary
as your wife, for the child conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will bear a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.” All this took place to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet: “Look, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall name him Emmanuel,” which means, “God is with us.”
– Matthew 1:20b-23
God had great plans for the pregnant teenager, Mary, and her future husband, Joseph. No one could see it, but in Mary’s womb grew a miracle that would save the world. Young Mary and her perplexed fiancé just had to believe, receive, hold on, trust, and live out God’s unseen plan for them. The God who came in Jesus has great plans for you, too. Will you let God’s plans grow and show in you? Will you let Christ be born in you, then borne by you to the world?
Which Christmas Story is the Correct One?
Outline of the Christmas Story
- 1. Joseph Story - Matthew
- a. Angle Come to him
- b. Calls him Emanuel.
- 2. Zachariah Story - Luke
- a. he and wife could not conceive
- b. Priest working in the temple
- c. Angle came to him.
- d. Said they are going to have a baby.
- e. Made where he can’t talk. Because he did not believe.
- 3. Mary’s Story - Luke
- a. Angle Came to Mary
- b. Do not be afraid.
- c. I am a virgin.
- d. I am the lord’s servant
- 4. Elizabeth Story - Luke
- a. Mary Visits Elizabeth
- b. Elizabeth baby Leaps
- c. Mary Sings her song.
- d. John the Baptist is born and is circumcised.
- e. asked about his name and said it was john
- f. Was able to talk. Zachera
- g. Sang his Song.
- 1. Birth of Jesus
- a. Census bethlehem journey. Luke
- b. While they were there
- c. No room for them
- 2. Shepherd in teh fields - Luke
- a. Angles appered
- b. They went to bethleham saw the baby
- 3. Simion. - Luke
- a. Time to concentrate the baby
- b. Simion was told he was going to see the messiah.
- c. But he was very old.
- d. They were amazed at what he said about him .
- 4. After he was born - Matthew
- a. King Herod was king
- b. Wise men from the east saw a star
- c. Came to worship him
- d. Came to king herod first.
- e. THey then found the holy family
- f. Gave Gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh
- g. Not go back to herod because of dream
- 5. Escape to Egypt - matthew
- a. Warned in a dream herod wants to kill the son
- b. Then Herod killed all firstborn sons.
- c. Joseph returned after Herod had died.
Terms of the Week!
Angel: A messenger and intermediary of God.
Christmas: The celebration of the birth of Jesus.
Emmanuel: Prophetic name of Jesus meaning, “God is with us.”
Joseph: The husband of Mary, and earthly father of Jesus.
Mary: The mother of Jesus.
Remember One Thing
Maybe you’ve had a poor start in life. Remember this: The God who
came as Jesus has great plans for you.
Use the FINKlink Code LJ02 to access interactive games, Bible Songs, and additional devotions on this theme.